I’ve spent a lot of time fighting against plugins and WordPress in general in attempt to get my Google PageSpeed over 90. I had basically given up on getting into the high 90s due to my reliance on some external resources that don’t set long expire times or, in at least 2 cases, sheer laziness in not wanting to combine and minify external CSS or JS resources myself.
Over the last week, however, I decided to give site optimizations one last go and finally got my PageSpeed over 90 — to 93 on my front page to be exact. I also managed to get YSlow up to a B — it’s an A if I use the “small blog or site” ruleset.
How’d I do it? Read below the fold for the step-by-step.
Since I posted about using Python to send HTML email, things have changed in Python’s standard library. While that method still works, it’s better to use the new email package.
I just created a git repository for django-apikey, which provides an API key-based authorization backend for use with django REST services. Currently, it works with django-piston, but I do plan on adding support for other django REST packages.
It’s been a bit of time since my last post, but now it’s back to going through Project Euler. The second problem works with a favorite problem in computer science: Fibonacci numbers. (more…)
Problem #1 at Project Euler is, besides being the problem with the most solutions provided to it, happens to also be a pretty good place to start working our way through the process.